St Georges Motor Inn Location
Thornbury Accommodation Northcote
Budget Accommodation On St Georges Road
The St Georges Motor Inn is a 3.5 star boutique motel situated at 334 St Georges Rd only 6km north of the city. It consists of 31 large, comfortable, beautifully appointed rooms, some of which are executive spa suites and other inter-connecting family rooms. Facilities for the disabled are also available. Breakfast and dinner available, Day tours can be arranged at reception.
St Georges Motor Inn also features a Licensed a La Carte Restaurant.
St Georges Motor Inn Location Map
334 St Georges Rd Thornbury / Northcote VIC 3071 Australia
St Georges Road Accommodation
The St Georges Motor Inn has transport conveniently located on its door step on St Georges Road and is close by to the Darebin International Sports Centre, Reception Centres, Brunswick St Restaurants, The MCG, Etihad Stadium, Grand Prix, Northland Shopping Centre, Crown Casino, Queen Victoria Market, Spring Racing Carnival, Rod Laver Arena, City Theatres, Golf Course and High St Shops and Cafes all only a short stroll or tram/train ride away.
Public Golf Course 10 min walk. Our Thornbury/Northcote accommodation is close to the airport. We have undercover parking and are only 2km to the renowned Brunswick St restaurant area, Darebin Arts and Entertainment Centre and Darebin International Sports Centre.
Thornbury Accommodation Northcote Surrounding Suburbs
The surrounding suburbs of St Georges Motor Inn Thornbury are Northcote, Collingwood, Preston, Alphington, Darebin, Reservoir, Thomastown, Epping, Heidelberg, Coburg, Eaglemont, Fairfield, Ivanhoe, Brunswick, Fitzroy, Moreland and Essendon.
- Wesley Anne - Restaurant bar, with live music, pub food and drink located within a former church.
- Le Cafe Flo - lovely, understated French cafe, serving a selection of French patisserie and light meals.
- Short Round - diverse brunch and speciality drinks, great for the late risers.
- Crunch - homemade, locally sourced hearty brunch that's beautiful and tasty.
- Tin Pot Cafe - a seasonally changing menu with substantial portions, and open from morning until evening so you can enjoy the seventies fit-out in a cafe that's been going for more than 2 decades.
- Il Megrano - House made gelato, wood-roasted coffee, open for breakfast, lunch and recently dinner (Sicilian street food), what else more could you ask for?
- The Croxton Hotel - a modern pub with bistro, kid's plays area, multiple bar and band room, showcasing live entertainment throughout the year. Past performers include Sheppard, The Jungle Giants and Bernard Fanning.
- Welcome to Thornbury - Melbourne's first permanent food truck park and bar, with up to 7 rotating trucks each day.
- GR Kitchen - clean, fresh and healthy traditional Greek food, perfect for a local night out with friends and family.
- Trumpy - a converted warehouse, this neighbourhood bar offers classic cocktails and share plates to enjoy with your closest friends.
- Kelvin Bar - a retro style cocktail bar that specializes in cocktails, cocktails and cocktails, together with a funky decor and lounge area to enjoy.
- Carwyn Cellars - a bottle shop, with a 50 patron bar in the "back room", this unique set up offers an enormous range of specialty craft beers, whiskies and mezcals.
- Bar Nonno - truly modern European dishes and drink including pizza, this bar doubles up as a bottle shop for those wanting an extra take home present.
- Northcote Social Club - laid back, hipster pub with live music entertainment and plenty of space.
- Palace Westgarth (cinema) - This is a unique cinema combining 1920's features and art-deco/modernistic styling decorations. It features 5 different auditoria, bars and even an outdoor cinema with new release films.
- Napier Hotel - Opening in 1866, and recently finishing renovations, this eclectic pub provides decor, food, and even a gallery exhibition that will entertain all ages.
- Thornbury Bowls club/Fitzroy Bowls Club - stretch your legs, get some exercise and host a function with friends and family, or simply as a get together. Both venues have full bar and dining facilities.
- Abbotsford Convent - 16 acres with 11 historic buildings and gardens, this is Australia's largest multi-arts precinct. There are over 100 studios, 2 galleries, cafes, radio station, school and green open space to explore.
- Collingwood Children's Farm - it's a perfect place for kids and kids-at-heart to get up close with real farm animals. There's also a farmer's market open every 2nd Saturday with local fresh produce.
- Preston Market - one of Melbourne mainstay markets and open for over 45 years, you can find all your fresh fruit, veg, fish and meat, as well as arts and craft. You'll find yourself wondering where the day went.
- Rose Street Market - a great place to find all things handmade, including art, photography, fashion, jewellery, accessories, home-wares, collectables, vintage pieces, tasty treats and much more.
- Fitzroy Gardens - 36 hectares of Victorian-era style buildings and gardens, Fitzroy gardens is one of one of Melbourne's most historic and beautiful gardens.
- Melbourne Museum - located in Carlton gardens, this natural and cultural history museum showcases varying exhibitions as well as hosting the Melbourne Museum IMAX . You can also visit the Royal Exhibition Building, one of oldest still operating exhibition halls, which is a World Heritage Site-listed building.
- Lygon Street - the origin of Melbourne's famous cafe culture, discover little Italy with its abundance of fine restaurants and cafes. One of the first suburbs to promote eating outdoors, you can smell the aroma in the air as you stroll down the street and discover its history.
Easy to get to:
- Tram no. 11 or 86 - we are 50m from tram West Preston number 11(stop 32), and only a short 15 minutes ride to get into the city. Or, walk 7 minutes to High St and take the number 86 tram and visit the local restaurants, cafes and attractions.
- Train (Thornbury/Croxton Station) - We are located halfway between two train stations, Thornbury station and Croxton station. Both are a short 10 minute walk away.
- Bus 510 - we are 50m away from the 510 Bus, which goes between Essendon and Ivanhoe train station. Landmarks on the route include Essendon Airport, Kangman Batman TAFE, John Fawkner Hospital and Ivanhoe Plaza. It's also just 2 train stops from here to get to Mercy Hospital and Austin Hospital in Heidelberg.